In-patient service was procured from Britam accredited hospitals. The client presented their card at hospitals who would check validity and render service upon co-pay of kshs 100/- for outpatient services.
For last respect claims, Clients presented an original burial permit, ID of the deceased and ID of beneficiary to an appointed agency. These were scanned certified and returned to the client. The benefit was payable within 72 hours of notification and sent to the beneficiaries MPESA account.
Hospital cash claims were payable if the principal or spouse was admitted to hospital. Benefit was payable within the earlier of 48 hrs of discharge or every 7th day of confinement until expiry of 60 days confinement.
The cover excluded: expenses incurred by a member as a result of
- Cosmetic surgery
- Treatment by chiropractors, acupuncturists and herbalists, stays and/ or maintenance or treatment received in nature cure clinics or similar establishments or private beds registered within a nursing home, convalescence and / or rest homes.
- Massage unless necessary for treatment i.e following accident.
- Fertility treatment related to infertility and impotence
- Investigations, treatment, surgery for obesity or its sequel, cosmetic or beauty treatment and/or surgery.
- Period of stay at sanatoria, old age homes, places of rest etc.